2012 has arrived, Dear Reader!
It's going to be a great year, Mayan prediction or not! :P
I have it on good authority - as all of my annual spread ladies would tell you that their readings were of a full year - that we're going to be OK!
Now is the time for optimism and looking towards the future and what we, you and I respectively, want to make of it. If something is going to end my time here, I'm not going to waste a single moment worrying about it. I worry enough about other things as it is. We all do.
I've decided to change the Sunday Discussion section, as no one is interested in sharing idea's and I'm going to do something once a month and leave it as an open topic for the month for anyone to contribute to. It'll start again this Sunday, and will be about colours in Tarot and what they can represent. :)
New Year, New Start, and I would like to keep this blog and site as fresh as I can. This also means finishing up on the other pages that I haven't had the time to finish :) It all takes time, and lots of planning, trial and error...
Did you make any resolutions for this year?
I've made mine... 1, to be a healthier by the end of the year, which incorporates healthier eating and exercise habits. 2, to learn how to drive and 3, to keep my mind focused on happier thoughts, particularly when I go to bed, to ensure a restful sleep.
To focus on the happy thoughts, I'm taking a leaf out of Oprah's book. Thank you, Lady O, in advance, for this lesson you gave me.
If you want to join along, please do and share your thoughts with mine.
It's quite simple really. Keep a journal every day and find 5 things that have made you happy today and write about them in the journal. I used to do this when I was younger. I kept my journal next to my bed and write in it before I went to bed, and it works.
Even on a bad day, when I would doubt I would find anything to think about that had made me happy that day, I would read through my journal and find myself smiling and be inspired about the day I had.
Here are my 5 things:
1. Going in to work today, and finding a Christmas Card from a former colleague who has moved back to her home country, with her contact details inside. It'll be nice to get back in touch and find out what's going on in her life.
2. For the lady who answered the phone when I called for a taxi - she is always laughing and you can hear her smile in her voice, and it makes you smile in return.
3. When I got home, Cocoa - my cat - was right by the front door, waiting for me to come inside with a meow and a purr, so I would feed her, of course!
4. For all of the New Year's well wishes that I found on my phone when I woke up this morning.
5. Talking to my parents in Sydney, as we watched the London fireworks on the news together despite all the miles in between.
Now it's time for bed... Day 1 of 2012 was a success, Day 2 will be as well.
Until next time...
Jewel :) x